To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Get instant access to must-read content today!To access hundreds of features, subscribe today! At a time when the world is forced to go digital more than ever before just to stay connected, discover the in-depth content our subscribers receive every month by subscribing to gasworld.Don’t just stay connected, stay at the forefront – join gasworld and become a subscriber to access all of our must-read content online from just $270. Subscribe
Kieran Hegarty, president of Terex MPTerex Materials Processing (MP) has announced full year sales of US$1.37 billion for 2019, up from $1.32 billion for 2018.While the company’s fourth quarter sales were down by 10.2% to US$321.4 million when compared with the previous year, the company said it considered the period to have been a ‘solid’ quarter.In the last three months of the 2019 Terex MP reached a global order backlog of $295 million, bookings valued at $352 million and achieved operating margins of 12%, despite what it described as ‘challenging markets’.Kieran Hegarty, president of Terex MP, said: “The MP team continues to expand its penetration into emerging markets for environmental and mobile crushing and screening equipment. Also, MP is well positioned heading into 2020 with its new product offerings.”Terex MP’s financial results were released alongside those of parent company Terex Corporation.The corporation reported a drop of 15.6% in its net sales for the whole of 2019, said its fourth quarter results had been driven by ‘cautious customer sentiment’.John L. Garrison Jr, Terex Chairman and CEO, said: “Our fourth quarter operating results were generally in-line with our expectations on lower revenue and reflect continued challenging global market conditions for industrial equipment.”He added, “In 2019, we focused on safety, strengthening our balance sheet and investing in our products, manufacturing capability and parts and services. Despite the current industrial equipment market challenges, the longer-term outlook for our businesses remains healthy and points to a promising future for Terex.” #*#*Show Fullscreen*#*#
PORTUGAL: Minister of Planning & Infrastructure Pedro Marques and European Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc participated in a ceremony on March 5 to mark the official start of work to upgrade the 46∙5 km Covilhã — Guarda route, closed to traffic since 2009.With 10 km already completed by Infraestruturas de Portugal, under a contract worth €51∙9m a joint venture of Ramalho Rosa Cobetar and Conduril is to undertake track renewals on 36 km and refurbish six bridges. The route is to be electrified at 25 kV 50 Hz and equipped with GSM-R, with automatic level crossing equipment to be installed at 18 locations and one level crossing abolished.The work forms part of the North International Corridor project, running from Pampilhosa on the Lisboa — Porto main line to Vilar Formoso on the Spanish border. It aims to double freight capacity from 14 to 25 trains/day, while increasing train lengths from 500 m to 750 m. A total of eight level crossings are being abolished and the route resignalled with ETCS Level 2.The Covilhã — Guarda component includes the construction of 1∙5 km of single track to provide an east to west connection between the Beira Alta and Beira Baixa routes, avoiding the need for train to reverse at Guarda. This will provide a diversionary route for international services during the corridor upgrade.The reopening programme is costing a total of €77m, of which the European Union is providing €61m and the Portuguese government €16m. Both the North and South international corridors from part of the Ferrovia 2020 plan to upgrade 1 200 km at a cost of €2bn. According to Infraestruturas de Portugal, the value of work in progress or being tendered has increased from €46m in the first half of 2016 to €655m in the first half of 2018, with €102m or 5% of the Ferrovia 2020 total to be completed by the end of this year.
Colleen Wainwright (left) and Grantley Watson after signing the Memorandum of UnderstandingThe RSS and UK have joined forces to set up an Asset Recovery Unit which will tackle serious organised crime and corruption. The Asset Recovery Unit will be based at the RSS headquarters at Paragon, Christ Church and will support the RSS in building sustainable regional capacity in asset recovery.The Unit is being funded by the UK’s development agency, the Department for International Development (DFID), which has committed £2.4 m as part of its £17m Anti-Corruption Programme for the region.A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) setting out the agreement between the RSS and DFID was signed on 19 November by Grantley Watson, Executive Director of the RSS, and Colleen Wainwright, Head of DFID Caribbean.Grantley Watson said: ‘Our region is negatively impacted by violence arising from drug trafficking. The Asset Recovery Unit will help countries confiscate criminals’ assets, reducing their influence and power.’Colleen Wainwright said, ‘The UK recognises the importance of security and the rule of law in helping the countries of the region to develop.’The Unit, which opens on 1 December, will take over from the DFID-funded Caribbean Criminal Assets Recovery Programme (CCARP), based within the British High Commission, which has been engaged in raising the capacity and capability of practitioners, at all levels – financial investigators, prosecutors, magistrates and judges, by providing them with the knowledge and skills to recover the assets from those engaged in serious crimes. The Asset Recovery Unit will continue CCARP’s work of promoting and strengthening legislation throughout the region to tackle the proceeds of crime. It will lobby for the establishment of a dedicated forfeiture fund to provide additional resources for law enforcement agencies, for the criminal justice system, for victim compensation and for community projects keeping youngsters off the streets. 106 Views no discussions Share InternationalNewsPrintRegional UK helps RSS tackle serious crime and corruption by: – November 20, 2015 Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Share
Sharing is caring! LocalNewsSports Pakistan takes home Q-Mobile Cup Trophy after 2-1 series win by: Dominica Vibes News – May 15, 2017 164 Views no discussions Share Tweet Share Share © WICB MediaThe Pakistani team has made history by winning their first test series in the West Indies after Yasir Shah took a five wicket haul to win the final test in the Windsor Park Stadium on Sunday, May 14th, 2017, winning the three-match series two games to one. The game was heading towards a draw after Man-of-the-Match, Roston Chase, steadied the West Indies innings after a top order collapse, scoring a patient one hundred and one (101) runs to slowly draw the game and ultimately the series. However, the draw was not to be as Chase could not find a partner to steady the other end, with wickets continuously falling at the opposite end. Still there was a ray of hope when Shannon Gabriel and Roston Chase put on a rocky partnership bringing the game down to the last few overs. With seven balls remaining before the game ended a draw was expected, before Gabriel, who had previously faced twenty dot balls, went for what many described as ‘a rash and unnecessary’ shot, when he was bowled of the final ball of the penultimate over, giving Yasir Shah his fifth wicket and Pakistan the game and the series. Captain of the West Indies team, Jason Holder stated during the post-match presentation that he was proud of the team and the way that they played. He noted that he thinks the team is improving considering it is a team of young players, and congratulated the retiring Pakistani batsman on what he referred to as outstanding careers. “I think we are heading in the right direction,” he said. “We are coming up against good teams. Pakistan were No. 1 not too long ago. We need to learn to seize crucial moments. I said to the guys that I was extremely proud of the way we fought. Lot of room for improvement. We had faith in our batting. Chase was outstanding, Gabriel too. Myself and Joseph chipped in as well. Credit to the Pakistanis. Want to congratulate Misbah and Younis for their outstanding careers. You’ve been ambassadors for world cricket,” he noted. Chase, who was awarded man of the match for his hundred and seventy (170) runs and five wickets in the match, stated that he was just trying to save a game. “Just basically was trying to save the Test. I just say what you learn, practice it and fight hard. It is a learning experience. We fought hard and I thought it was a good effort by the guys. I had a good series but it wasn’t good enough in the end. Hopefully, we can be on the winning side next time,” he noted. The win however was a bittersweet one, as it was the final test match for two Pakistani cricket greats, Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan who officially retired after their win. Misbah stated that he was very proud of how his team played, especially in these conditions. He noted that while his team was under pressure, they really wanted the win, which encouraged them to work hard and do their best to secure the win. He went on to say that he is thankful for the chance that he had to play and represent his country, and wished Younis Khan the best of luck.Chase ended the series as the leading run scorer with four hundred and three (403) runs, including two hundreds at an average 100.75, while Yasir Shah ended as the leading wicket taker, and man of the series, with twenty-five wickets at an economy rate of 2.92.
The Browns today inked a pair of players to the practice squad, inking LB James Burgess and TE J.P. Holtz.In addition, RB Terrence Magee was signed by Seattle off the Browns’ practice squad.Burgess is a 6-0, 230 pound rookie out of Louisville. Originally signed by Miami as an undrafted free agent, he has spent time on the practice squads in Miami, San Diego, Baltimore and Jacksonville this season. Burgess is a native of Homestead, Fla.Holtz is a 6-3, 240 pound rookie out of Pittsburgh. Originally signed by the Browns as an undrafted free agent, he spent the preseason with the Browns before being waived during final roster cuts on Sept. 3. Holtz is a native of Pittsburgh. Matt Loede has been a part of the Cleveland Sports Media for over 21 years, with experience covering Major League Baseball, National Basketball Association, the National Football League and even high school and college events. He has been a part of the Cleveland Indians coverage since the opening of Jacobs/Progressive Field in 1994, and spent two and a half years covering the team for 92.3 The Fan, and covers them daily for Associated Press Radio. You can follow Matt on Twitter HERE. Matt Loede Related TopicsBrownsJ.P. HoltzJames Burgess
Entah apa yang merasuki Martin, hingga ia bisa dapat dengan mudah mencintai perjalanan tersebut. Sebagaimana yang dilansir KabarPenumpang.com dari laman lincolnshirelive.co.uk (2/10), perjalanan menuju Stasiun Ghum tersebutlalu menginspirasi Martin untuk mengumpulkan segala sesuatunya yang ia lihat selama perjalanan dan mengkonversinya menjadi sebuah maket.Adapun maket tersebut dibangun Martin dengan penuh ketelitian sehingga tampak sangat mirip dengan aslinya – hanya saja ini disajikan dalam skala kecil. Maket ini dibangun Martin di rumahnya di Teddington, London dengan ukuran kurang lebih 15X10 kaki.“Maket ini saya bangun berdasarkan pengalaman saya ketika mengular menuju Stasiun Ghum dengan menggunakan Darjeeling Railway,” ujar Martin.Baca Juga: Lukisan Dinding Ramaikan 100 Stasiun di IndiaMartin sendiri diketahui merupakan seorang pensiunan guru seni pahat yang bisa dibilang pembangunan maket ini tidak hanya memenuhi kecintaannya terhadap jalur tersebut, melainkan menyalurkan bakatnya yang pernah ia tekuni dulu. Adapun kereta yang digunakan untuk menyempurnakan maket buatan Martin adalah rancangan khusus dari Roundhouse Engineering di Doncaster.Jika tidak meleset, Martin akan mengirimkan maketnya ini ke India pada musim semi mendatang guna dipajang di sebuah museum yang terletak di Delhi.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Like this:Like Loading… RelatedInilah 10 Kecelakaan Kereta Terburuk di Dunia21/04/2018In “Darat”Alishan Forest Railway, Kereta Gunung Tertinggi di Asia24/09/2018In “Destinasi”Punya Panjang Rel 12 Km, Inilah Miniatur Jaringan Kereta Api Terbesar di Dunia!26/08/2018In “Darat” Maket buatan Martin Ferrabee. Sumber: istimewa Kecintaan seseorang terhadap sesuatu memang kadang tak masuk logika. Sebut saja seseorang yang sudah jatuh cinta terhadap dunia perkeretaapian – bukan tidak mungkin apabila orang itu akan mengumpulkan segala sesuatunya yang berkenaan dengan kereta api, bahkan jika harus mencarinya di luar negeri. Ya, hal-hal seperti inilah yang kadang tidak masuk akal, tapi benar-benar dilakukan oleh orang-orang di luar sana.Baca Juga: Punya Panjang Rel 12 Km, Inilah Miniatur Jaringan Kereta Api Terbesar di Dunia!Sama halnya seperti seorang pria asal Retford, Inggris yang bernama Martin Ferrabee, dimana ia sudah kadung cinta dengan jaringan kereta api yang ada di India. Pria berusia 62 tahun ini awalnya tengah melakukan perjalanan dengan menggunakan Darjeeling Railway ke Himalaya – dimana perjalanan tersebut akan menghantarkannya ke salah satu stasiun tertinggi di dunia, Stasiun Ghum.
The most difficult conditions are along the Seward Highway from the Hope Junction to Seward, where freezing rain has mixed with snow and is causing some hydroplaning on icy roads. Drivers are urged to use headlights at all times and travel slowly. Maintenance equipment is on the roadway and motorists should stay at least 200 feet behind those pieces of machinery until it is safe to pass. FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Department of Transportation is warning of difficult driving conditions along the Seward Highway Tuesday morning after overnight freezing rain. For the latest conditions, call 511 or visit 511.alaska.gov. Temperatures along the Seward Highway are hovering around 36 degrees. Driving conditions in Nikiski and Anchorage and along most of the Sterling Highway are described as ‘fair.’
Two goals from Benik Afobe and a superb own-goal-resulting cross from substitute Jack Hunt saw City follow up victories against QPR and Derby County with a win at the KCOM Stadium.Here’s what Head Coach Johnson had to say after the eight-day points haul:PERFECT WEEK“I’m very pleased with the boys and they have earned an extra day off after that week, that’s for sure! It was always going to be a tough game because Hull are a good side. They have the two wide men (Grosicki and Bowen) who are outstanding individually but we did feel as if we may be able to take over as the game went on, particularly with their third game in a week.”CHARACTERCity were forced into an early change when Tomas Kalas came off with a hamstring injury after 30 minutes and was replaced with Kasey Palmer, while 20-year-old Antoine Semenyo looked assured as a second-half replacement for Famara Diédhiou.“The players showed character,” said Johnson. “Did we expect another injury to a key player (Kalas) – absolutely not. I think Taylor Moore will be able to look at himself tonight and be very proud of his performance. I thought Dan Bentley made two or three unbelievable saves to keep us in it. We felt we should have had a penalty where Benik Afobe got pulled down. The midfield worked like Trojans and Han-Noah Massengo, with the energy he put in and the quality he showed on the ball for an 18-year-old was top drawer. Josh Brownhill stood up to the challenge of being captain and it’s a 100 per cent record for him.”PENALTY TAKERSAfobe opened the scoring with a penalty after Tommy Rowe was brought down, quickly claiming the ball for the spot-kick, and Johnson said: “I am happy that two or three players wanted to take the penalty. Any one of Browny, Weimann, Famara and Benik could have taken it but obviously Benik was playing quite well at the time and took the ball. I don’t mind who takes it when they score!”COMING HOMECity are back at Ashton Gate next Saturday when Middlesbrough visit in a 12.30pm kick-off and Johnson added: “There’s been a real intensity to this week both mentally and physically. It’s a fine line because you want to give them some downtime but you also don’t want to lose the momentum. Make no mistake, we are looking forward to coming home on the back of three wins and I’m sure Ashton Gate will be pumping.”SECURE YOUR MIDDLESBROUGH TICKET