first_imgInter Milan captain Mauro Icardi has called for more consistency on the aftermath of their victory in the Milan derby.The Nerazurri defeated rivals AC Milan 1-0 on Sunday to secure their fifth straight win in the league this season, but the Icardi has demanded more consistency from the team.He told Sky Sport: “These three points push us on to continue along this path. Before going away on international duty, I said that Inter needs to win.”“We had to win for everyone, for the fans who packed out the San Siro and then also for ourselves, for the team.”“We must get to used to winning regularly, gaining consistency in what we’re doing and obviously enjoying further success in the future.”Mauro Icardi, Inter MilanDi Canio: ‘Undisciplined’ Icardi & PSG perfect for each other Andrew Smyth – September 12, 2019 Paolo Di Canio reckons Mauro Icardi and Paris Saint-Germain are a match made in heaven as the club are a perfect fit for “undisciplined players”.Inter Milan manager Luciano Spalletti confirmed after the game that midfielder Radja Nainggolan will be out “for a while” and would be taken to hospital following a heavy collision with Milan’s Lucas Biglia.Meanwhile, AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso admitted Inter were worthy winners of Sunday’s derby.“Inter certainly deserved more than us, but if this game had ended 0-0, there would’ve been some real positives,” he said.Gattuso added: “Inter are physically stronger, we have other qualities. We tried to challenge them physically anyway and I really liked the approach, playing a type of football we are not accustomed to.”“We had our chances too, but undoubtedly Inter had more opportunities.”last_img read more

first_imgStayZilla, one of India’s largest start-ups to concentrate on hotel and homestay aggregation, has suspended operations amid fears that it has shut down for good. However, indications are that the company still has a few things going for it, and hence may return in a new or altered avatar.Also read: Flipkart breathes easy; Grofers, Portea Medical among 31 firms blacklisted by IITs for campus hiringYogendra Vasupal, Rupal Yogendra and Sanchit Singhi had launched a website called Inasra in 2005, which was rebranded as StayZilla in 2010. It has raised several million dollars in funding over the years, but never managed to turn over a profit that makes the market sit up and take notice, despite often offering deep discounts.Rebooting operationsIn a blog post on Thursday that had an oddly cheerful tone in some parts despite delivering some bad news, Yogendra Vasupal said: “I would like to announce today that we would be bringing to a halt the operations of Stayzilla in its current form, and looking to reboot it with a different business model.”He added: “This has been one of the toughest decisions that I have taken so far but it is the right thing to do. The hardest part is saying goodbye to a perfect team that has accomplished a lot by putting homestays on the map of India. I am the most fortunate to have had such a team on my side at this juncture. Whatever and how much ever I write about them is not going to do justice to their commitment. But try, I must!”The cheerful notes were hit while describing the various teams that powered Stayzilla as well as the investors. And then Vasupal got down to the brass tacks, candidly admitting what went wrong with the start-up.Reason for failureVasupal explained in the blog post: “The travel marketplace does not have local network effects and, therefore, we can’t really take a focused city-by-city approach in terms of matching supply and demand. The demand and supply for homestays was non-existent 18 months back, excluding a few small pockets. As a result, we had to invest extensively in both sides of the marketplace, creating homestays as well as guests who would choose a homestay across the country.”And then came the economic problems. Vasupal said: “A homestays marketplace needs to invest in educating the market on the concept and even using Internet and not just the product. The costs, both financial and opportunity costs, creep up on you over a period of time and get rationalised as cost of doing business in India. This was further exacerbated by the discounting-based growth rampant in the travel industry since 2015. Forced to match prices, we could not even recoup what we put in, necessitating very large capital requirement simply to sustain growth.”What next?Keeping some hope alive — possibly for after another round of fundraising — Vasupal said: “I see Stayzilla becoming a hassle-free distribution channel going out to the right audience, wherever they may be. We will look to work closely with both online and offline travel partners to offer the best of Indian homestays to their valued customers.”He added: “Focusing all our energies on the supply side will allow us to build on our core strength that we have developed over the last 18 months. Specialised solutions such as the concept of ‘Stayzilla Verified Homestays’ excite me in particular.” Vasupal also said: “I am looking at this as a clean start to get back to the roots I am comfortable with.”It now remains to be seen how Vasupal returns with SatyZilla — if at all — in a market that is growing ever more competitive.last_img read more

first_imgUS president Trump beats `CNN`. This screen-grab taken from Trump`s Twitter page.US President Donald Trump launched a fresh attack on the news media Sunday by tweeting a video — bizarre even by his standards — showing him knocking down and beating a professional wrestling “villain” whose face had been replaced by a CNN logo.The 10-year-old video, hailing back to Trump’s days as a guest celebrity at pro-wrestling events, came after a week in which his unrestrained Twitter attacks on two MSNBC talk show hosts drew widespread condemnation from members of both political parties.The latest tweet was immediately condemned by journalists, who said Trump seemed to be promoting physical violence against the media, while a Republican lawmaker said the president was trying to “weaponize distrust” through his postings.But administration officials insisted Trump has a right to respond to critical coverage.In the 28-second video, Trump, in a suit and tie, is seen knocking down another man in a suit who is standing next to a wrestling ring. Trump repeatedly pummels the fallen man, whose face is covered by a superimposed CNN logo. A fake CNN logo then appears on the screen reading “FNN: Fraud News Network.”A longer version of the video online shows that the man being beaten was World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) owner-promoter Vince McMahon, a friend of Trump’s. In that version, Trump also gets in the ring to shave McMahon’s head as part of the “The Battle of the Billionaires” at the WrestleMania 23 event.McMahon was present at the White House in February to pose smilingly with the president when his wife Linda McMahon — a former WWE executive — was sworn in as Trump’s Small Business Administration chief.Encouraging violence?Trump has recently stepped up his attacks on the news media. Besides the crude attack on MSNBC co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski — he called her “low I.Q.” and said he had seen her bleeding after a facelift — he has specifically bashed outlets including CNN, NBC, The Washington Post and The New York Times.Amid a torrent of criticism over his attack on Brzezinski, Trump doubled down Saturday, tweeting: “My use of social media is not Presidential – it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!”With Trump’s tweets coming just weeks after a mass shooting at a congressional baseball practice, reporters on Thursday asked White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders whether his rhetoric might be promoting violence.She replied: “The president in no way, form or fashion has ever promoted or encouraged violence. If anything, quite the contrary.”But the wrestling video prompted a wave of recriminations.”It is a sad day when the president of the United States encourages violence against reporters,” CNN said in a statement. “Clearly, Sarah Huckabee Sanders lied when she said the president had never done so.”CNN suggested that Trump should instead be focusing on issues like health care, tensions with North Korea and his upcoming meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Hamburg, Germany.A journalists’ group, the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press, roundly denounced the video. “We condemn the president’s threat of physical violence against journalists,” said a statement from the group’s executive director, Bruce Brown. “This tweet is beneath the office of the presidency. Sadly, it is not beneath this president.”‘A right to respond’A White House official, Homeland Security adviser Thomas Bossert, defended Trump’s video and said it demonstrated the president’s “genuine ability to communicate to the people.””I think that no one would perceive that as a threat,” he said on ABC. “I hope they don’t. I do think that he’s beaten up in a way on cable platforms that he has a right to respond.”But Republican Senator Ben Sasse rejected that argument, saying on CNN that there is a difference between complaining about bad coverage and “trying to weaponize distrust.”Meanwhile, several journalists said they feared Trump was stirring up anti-media violence.Dean Baquet, executive editor of The New York Times, said it was “unseemly” that Trump would “encourage such anger at the media.”And Annie Lowrey, a journalist with The Atlantic magazine, tweeted: “In seriousness, I am terrified that a journalist — perhaps one of the many political reporters I know and love — is going to end up dead.”Trump may see the news media as an easy target, one deeply disliked by his political base. But public approval of newspapers, at least, has significantly risen in the past year, a period marked by intensive and often critical reporting on the unorthodox Trump presidency.Only 20 percent of Americans expressed confidence in newspapers in June 2016. But by last month the figure had risen to 27 percent, the Gallup polling firm reported.last_img

first_imgSyrian Democratic Forces take position following a sniper shot in their direction on the eastern frontline of Raqa on 24 September, 2017. Photo: AFPUS-led coalition strikes near the Islamic State group’s Syrian stronghold Raqa in March killed at least 84 civilians, including dozens of children, Human Rights Watch alleged Monday.The group said the strikes hit two sites: a school housing displaced families in the town of Mansourah, and a market and bakery in the town of Tabqa.It said witnesses acknowledged IS fighters had been present at both sites, but that large number of civilians were also there.“These attacks killed dozens of civilians, including children, who had sought shelter in a school or were lining up to buy bread at a bakery,” HRW deputy emergencies director Ole Solvang said.“If coalition forces did not know that there were civilians at these sites, they need to take a long, hard look at the intelligence they are using to verify its targets because it clearly was not good enough.”HRW said the first of the two strikes was on March 20, and killed at least 40 people including 16 children at the Badia school in Mansourah. The second was on March 22 and killed at least 44 people including 14 children at the Tabqa market and bakery.The US-led coalition has been carrying out air strikes in support of anti-IS operations in Syria since September 2014, after expanding its existing campaign in neighbouring Iraq.Since last November, it has been supporting the Kurdish-Arab alliance known as the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) as it battles to capture Raqa province, including its capital Raqa city.The SDF broke into Raqa city in June and is on the verge of capturing the former jihadist bastion.But activists have criticised what they say are disproportionately high civilian death tolls in the campaign.The coalition says it take all possible precautions to avoid civilian casualties and investigates credible reports of civilian deaths in its strikes.In August, it acknowledged the deaths of 624 civilians in its strikes in Syria and Iraq since 2014.But rights groups say the real figure is much higher, and HRW criticised the coalition’s methodology for assessing civilian casualties.It said the coalition reported having assessed the Mansourah and Tabqa strikes, but it appeared they carried out no site visits nor witness interviews even though both places have been under SDF control for weeks.“If the coalition had visited the sites and talked to witnesses they would have found plenty of evidence that civilians were killed in these attacks,” Solvang said.“The coalition should follow our lead, conduct full investigations, and find ways to make its civilian casualty assessments more accurate.”More than 330,000 people have been killed in Syria since the conflict began with anti-government protests in March 2011.last_img read more

first_img Share Photo: Mayor Sylvester Turner via Twitter / @SylvesterTurnerHouston Mayor Sylvester Turner (center) held a press conference on June 1, 2018, because of the beginning of the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season to remind Houstonians to be prepared.The 2018 Atlantic hurricane season started Friday and Mayor Sylvester Turner encouraged Houstonians to be prepared by getting supplies and informed by monitoring news sources, and make plans in case an emergency happens.Turner held a press conference at City Hall and noted that Houstonians are now “wiser and stronger,” but emphasized that the public must remember that all tropical storms and hurricanes are different. “One can be a wind event and another can be a rain event, and a rain event may drop water in places different from last time.”“So, just in case,” the Mayor added “people that didn’t flood from (Hurricane) Harvey last time, doesn’t mean that you are immune from flooding, OK?, cause mother nature has its own way of moving, we can’t control that.”Turner recommended to buy supplies ahead of time and make a disaster kit. There are suggestions on how to do that at the website for the City’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM).Touching on how Houston has improved its preparation looking forward to the new hurricane season, Houston Fire Department (HFD) Samuel Peña noted that his department now has almost double the number of evacuation boats compared to last year and also has more trained personnel, as well as more high-water vehicles, which can also be crucial to carry out search and rescue operations in flooded areas.Peña commented that people who own generators must make sure they are in good condition and underscored that they should be placed at a distance of at least 20 feet from the home because of the emission of carbon monoxide, which is poisonous.Additionally, the City of Houston is participating in the STEAR program –which can help people if they need to be evacuated during emergencies or natural disasters, such as hurricanes— and local officials are encouraging residents to sign up, which can be done by calling 211 or by visiting the program’s website.Media Availability: #HurricaneSeason preparedness https://t.co/Ii7zTnsWtA— Sylvester Turner (@SylvesterTurner) June 1, 2018Disaster Preparedness Guide:last_img read more

first_img(PhysOrg.com) — The U.S. Navy is getting ready to run flight tests using an assortment of biofuels. The tests will be run using an F/A-18 Super Hornet. The tests are scheduled to begin taking place at Patuxent River, Md. by spring or summer 2010. The idea is to create a drop-in system so that those in the field won’t know the difference. The biofuels being tested are camelina, jatropha and algae. Navy.mil reports on the process expected to be used:For the upcoming static and flight tests, the biofuels will be mixed in a 50-50 blend with conventional petroleum-derived jet fuel to provide the necessary specification properties. Biofuels are not as dense as conventional jet fuel, have less lubricating ability and contain no aromatic compounds, a group of chemical compounds able to penetrate the rubberlike materials that make up gaskets and seals.The Navy hopes to test properties and chemistry, seeing how the fuels react in the environments associated with high-speed military plans. The tests should be able to determine whether or not it is feasible to use biofuels as part of the fuel source for jet planes. The hope is that the most promising candidates will be available by 2013.© 2009 PhysOrg.com This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Explore furthercenter_img Citation: U.S. Navy Plans to Test Biofuels for Super Hornet (2009, August 21) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2009-08-navy-biofuels-super-hornet.html Jatropha Helps Air New Zealand Cut Its CO2 Emissions by More Than 60%last_img read more