“I believe we’re a little bit stronger,” he said, noting several standout players. He named freshman outside hitter Ashley Eppler and middle blocker Emily Banas, as well as returning starter Lauren Costa, a junior. Overall, he described the team as “outstanding.” “They’re getting a lot better,” he said. “They’ve got their heads straight and everyone’s really positive about everything.” Cantor tries to “keep it fun” in practice, with an emphasis on conditioning. He joked that he’s able to work the team harder in his second year. He thinks the summer league helped prepare the girls for playing against bigger schools, which is the most challenging part of the season. “Two losses \ were to big schools, so it’s hurting us on our record,” Cantor said. At the same time, the team has beaten other larger schools such as Venice, West Torrance and San Pedro. “We’re getting prepared for our playoffs,” he said hopefully. email@example.comWant local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! By Rachel Jones STAFF WRITER ‘Tis the season for spikes, aces and digs. With girls’ volleyball in full swing, the Mary Star team is trying to bump the competition and make its way to the championships. Mary Star started its season Sept. 6 and so far is 4-3. “We’re aiming for CIF,” said coach Cesar Cantor, referring to the California Interscholastic Federation championship games. The team lost 3-0 to Providence on Tuesday night. “Everybody was a little frustrated,” Cantor said the following day. “We weren’t playing our best game, we had one of those off days. But they’re planning on working out a lot more and training better for the next game.” Cantor said he’s looking forward to a few tournaments in October, including one at Redondo Beach and one at Kennedy. Now in his second season with the Stars, the coach sees a difference with this year’s team.
The Annual Kids Fishing Tournament sponsored by the Washington County Fish and Game Club will be this Saturday July 29th from 1:00pm – 4:30pm.The event will be held at Lake Salinda’s Back Shelter House for children ages 5 – 13 allowed. Registration begins at 1pm and fishing begins at 1:30pm. Prizes given for biggest catch, smallest catch, and most catches.Goodie bags to each participant. “It’s a beautiful place there,” said Salem Mayor Troy Merry. “It was a source of water for the City at one time, but we are working on a dam project for Lake John Hay where we’ll raise the water level. It will be like pouring Lake Salinda into Lake John Hay. I’d like to see it become a community park.”“For kids that have never been fishing before, I’d like to see them come out,” said Merry. “It’s a good opportunity for parents to bring their children out. We’ll be fishing from the banks.”Merry will be on hand grilling food for the event. Food and drinks will be provided. Thanks to the Salem Police Department, Salem Fire Department, and Park & Rec. Department for their sponsorship.For more information, call Mike or Paula Pennington at 812.883.6100
A stormy night in Donegal has led to difficult driving conditions in various parts of the county.Heavy rainfall has left large amounts of surface water on the roads.The AA Roadwatch is reminding drivers that it takes longer to stop on wet roads, so slow down and keep further back from the vehicle in front. Local reports coming from East Donegal are warning that spot flooding between Rossgier and Porthall is causing dangers.The Status Yellow Wind and Rain warnings have been lifted in the north west, but drivers should be on alert for wind-blown debris.“Be particularly mindful of vulnerable road users such as cyclists, motorcyclists and pedestrians,” said AA Roadwatch advisors. Motorists warned to take care due to wet roads was last modified: December 18th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The sister of €130 million lotto winner Frances Connolly says her wealthy sibling would have loved to buy her late mum a holiday home in Bundoran.Ann Floyd said she hasn’t asked for a penny of her sister’s new-found wealth but is delighted for Frances.Ann, who lives in Spamount on the border between Tyrone and Donegal said her sister may have got her luck from her mum. She revealed “Mummy loved going on holidays to Bundoran in Donegal, and to play the slot machines.“She got a great thrill of seeing is she would win.“I think if she had been here now, Frances would have to get her an apartment down by the sea and keep supplying the coins for Mammy – and she would too, that’s the kind of person Frances is.“Frances is so generous and has always been. If Frances only had a tenner and you said you needed a fiver, she’d give it to you and do without it herself. That’s the kind of woman she is.” Ann and her hubby Patrick say they have made out a list of 50 people whim they will give some money to after their huge windfall last week.Apartment in Bundoran for mother would have been top of lotto winner’s list was last modified: January 11th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:apartmentbundorandonegallottomillionairesTyrone
The N.C. General Assembly has reappointed the first woman elected principal chief of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians and a Highlands homebuilder to the Western Carolina University Board of Trustees.Joyce Conseen Dugan and John R. Lupoli will serve their second consecutive four-year terms on the WCU board, effective July 1.Dugan retired from the Cherokee Central School System in 2011 after a lengthy career that included stints as a teacher’s assistant, teacher, director of federal programs and superintendent. In 1995, she became the first woman elected principal chief, an office she held for four years. After leaving public office, Dugan began working at Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort, becoming the casino’s director of public, government and community relations.Dugan earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in education from WCU. She received the university Alumni Association’s Professional Achievement Award in 1996 and was placed on the Honor Roll of Peak Performers in the WCU College of Education and Allied Professions.Lupoli is owner and president of Lupoli Construction. He is a member of the American Institute of Architects and the N.C. Small Town Main Street design committee, and former chair of the N.C. Small Town Main Street economic restructuring committee.Lupoli is an active supporter of Highlands Playhouse and The Bascom, a nonprofit center for the visual arts. He was the 2012 recipient of the N.C. Small Town Main Street Award for Design for Highlands’ town square renovation project and a 2011 recipient of a grant from the N.C. Main Street Solutions Fund awarded by the N.C. Department of Commerce.The reappointed trustees and four newly selected board members will be sworn in at the board’s quarterly meeting Friday, Sept. 15. The WCU Board of Trustees is composed of 13 members, including eight elected by the UNC Board of Governors, four appointed by the General Assembly, and the university’s Student Government Association president, who serves in an ex-officio capacity.
Didn’t get a chance to participate on Instagram? Weigh in with your thoughts here. Want to be able to participate in real time? Give our Instagram page a follow. Share This!One aspect of TouringPlans is that we use field-tested methods to minimize your wait in lines around the parks. One side effect of that is that TouringPlans fans don’t tolerate waiting in long lines–if the line is too long, they skip it for the moment. Over on our Instagram feed, Angela asked how long you would wait in line for a ride. Here’s your comments.
Tigers end WVC season with 2-3 recordBy Paul LeckerSports ReporterMARSHFIELD — Bryce Gadke and Jacob Limmex each won in straight sets, and the Marshfield boys tennis team finished its Wisconsin Valley Conference regular-season schedule with a 4-3 win over Wisconsin Rapids on Thursday at the Boson Courts.Gadke won at the No. 1 singles and Limmex at No. 2 by identical 6-3, 6-3 scores.Dylan Handrich and Sam Trudeau won in straight sets at No. 1 doubles, and Tanner Boson and Tom Kruger won in three sets, 6-2, 6-7 (3), 6-3, at No. 3 doubles for Marshfield’s other two wins.The Tigers finish the WVC dual meet schedule with a 2-3 record. Marshfield will compete at the Tomah Quad on Saturday and at the Wisconsin Valley Conference Tournament on Tuesday at Wausau East and West high schools.(Hub City Times Sports Reporter Paul Lecker is also the publisher of MarshfieldAreaSports.com.)Marshfield 4, Wisconsin Rapids 3Singles: 1. Bryce Gadke (M) def. Dane Steidl 6-3, 6-3; 2. Jacob Limmex (M) def. Zach Gilmaster 6-3, 6-3; 3. Tyler Wolosek (WR) def. John Weisenberger 6-2, 5-7, 6-1; 4. Ryan Graczkowski (WR) def. Tyler Droste 6-1, 6-1.Doubles: 1. Dylan Handrich-Sam Trudeau (M) def. Josh Beyer-Stevie Hanzlik 6-3, 6-1; 2. Sam O’Shasky-Shane Glinski (WR) def. Austin Christianson-Jared Draxler 6-1, 6-1; 3. Tanner Boson-Tom Kruger (M) def. Luke Mertes-Marcus Bean 6-2, 6-7 (3), 6-3.Records: Wisconsin Rapids 1-4; Marshfield 2-3.
A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market sarah perez Related Posts Tags:#NYT#search#web TinyURL, one of the most popular URL-shortening services (although not our favorite) is now being used by cybercriminals to redirect web surfers to pages that contain viruses, trojans, and other sorts of malware. According to Finjan’s Malicious Code Research Center, these criminals are using the service to avoid having their web sites flagged by the Safe Browsing mechanisms built in to modern web browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Both web browsers employ Google Safe Browsing, a feature which warns users about phishing sites and other malware. Yet bypassing this filter within your browser is easy to do, apparently. All that’s necessary is for a cybercriminal to create a TinyURL that hides the original, malicious URL. Then, instead of getting the warning message “Reported Attack Site!”, unsuspecting web surfers will be sent directly to the dangerous web page when clicking the link. In tests, the reason that the TinyURLs were able to be used in this way is because the pages they masked were not at the domain level, but were rather sub-pages of a domain marked as “safe.” This actually points to a weakness in the Safe Browsing feature and not really a security risk in the TinyURL service in and of itself. Because Safe Browsing only ranks sites at the domain level, infected sub-pages will always be ranked as “non-malicious” as long as the domain is categorized as “safe.” TinyURL isn’t the only service being abused in this way. Other URL-shortening services mentioned in the article include bit.ly, w3t.org and is.gd. However, during their research, the firm also found bit.ly being used by the same cybercriminals. Both TinyURL and bit.ly were notified and the malicious links were removed. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting
Today, Box announced a tablet-optimized Android app, a PlayBook app (the company’s first native app for any BlackBerry platform) and a new HTML5 mobile site. The Android version replaces the company’s existing Android app and will work with both smartphones and tablets, optimizing the view depending on the device.More interesting than the actual app announcements, Box CEO Aaron Levie revealed that the company has seen a 600% increase in enterprise sales regarding mobile. And yes, that’s specifically enterprise sales, not overall sales. For example, Proctor and Gamble just became a Box customer based largely on the company’s mobile support.Screenshot of the Box app on an Android tablet.We’ve seen an explosion of enterprise mobile applications, especially tablet apps (as we’ve documented here on an at least weekly basis). But it hasn’t been clear to what degree enterprises are actually demanding and taking advantage of these apps. Box’s experience indicates that enterprises are indeed looking for these solutions.In the past, I’ve wondered how Box would stand out in the market. Among large enterprises, SharePoint already has a huge marketshare, and companies like Newsgator and Harmon.ie are making it more palatable to end users. Now that you can upload any file format to Google Docs, Google Apps is shoring up a lot of the mid-market, and Dropbox and Google Docs have become the de facto standards for document sharing and collaboration between individual professionals. So where would Box, and its competitors like Huddle, fit into this (especially with Apple iCloud now on the scene)?Box seems to have solved by building niche with its mobile support (the company received a leading position in the Forrester Wave on mobile collaboration) and possibly also through its integrations with Google Docs, SharePoint and various ECM systems. Box is now positioning itself as a way to glue together Google Docs and ECM systems and as a way to take documents mobile while maintaining enterprise security (thanks in part to its partnership with VMware).Disclosure: VMware is a ReadWriteWeb sponsor Related Posts Tags:#enterprise#mobile 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now IT + Project Management: A Love Affair klint finley Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… Cognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of…