NHF Drug List Being Revamped

first_img Additionally, the Minister said the NHF has been instructed to expand its pharmacy outlets to further boost client service delivery. Health Minister, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton, says the National Health Fund’s (NHF) Vital, Essential and Necessary (VEN) drug list is being revamped as part of cost saving measures. The Minister noted that the NHF currently has over 1,000 categories of drugs on its VEN list, equating to approximately 60 that treat each ailment for which clients source medication. Health Minister, Dr. the Hon. Christopher Tufton, says the National Health Fund’s (NHF) Vital, Essential and Necessary (VEN) drug list is being revamped as part of cost saving measures.He said the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) will assist the agency, which falls under his portfolio, to develop a benchmark that guides the purchasing of the requisite quantity of medications to treat ailments.The Minister noted that the NHF currently has over 1,000 categories of drugs on its VEN list, equating to approximately 60 that treat each ailment for which clients source medication.Dr. Tufton said that with the benchmark, this number is expected to be reduced to between six and eight categories per ailment, pointing out that “we could save as much as 25 per cent on the cost of drugs.”Additionally, the Minister said the NHF has been instructed to expand its pharmacy outlets to further boost client service delivery.He was speaking at the NHF’s inaugural open day at the Knutsford Court Hotel in New Kingston on Friday, July 28.Meanwhile, Dr. Tufton announced that a national health insurance policy is to be introduced next year.He indicated that the NHF will play a pivotal role in the policy’s development, adding that details are expected to be unveiled by the 2018/19 fiscal year.The NHF’s open day was used to acknowledge top performing employees and showcase the agency’s achievements. Story Highlightslast_img read more

Korea Line Cancels Bid to Buy Hanjins Stake in US Terminal

first_imgzoom South Korean shipping company Korea Line Corp., part of SM Group, has decided to withdraw from the race for Hanjin Shipping’s stake in US Port of Long Beach container terminal, the firm revealed in its stock exchange filing.The company withdrew its bid after local media reported it may propose a joint acquisition of the stake in Hanjin’s terminal to Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM).Hanjin’s 54% stake in terminal operator Total Terminals International (TTI), which operates two facilities in Long Beach and Seattle, is estimated to be worth around KRW 400 billion (USD 342.5 million).The remaining 46% stake is held by Swiss-based shipping company Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC).Last month, Korea Line inked a KRW 37 billion (USD 31.4 million) agreement to purchase the Asia-US route network from Hanjin. Scheduled to be finalized on January 5, 2017, the deal includes Hanjin’s business network and client information related to the route and subsidiaries and logistics management systems in seven countries.California’s container terminal also attracted the attention of further two shipping giants as MSC and HMM jointly placed a bid for Hanjin’s stake in the terminal in early December.Following Hanjin’s court receivership filing in late August 2016, the company started selling assets to decrease its debt.World Maritime News Stafflast_img read more