TagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Barcelona chief Abidal: Murillo deal won’t hurt our kidsby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona chief Eric Abidal insists the arrival of Jeison Murillo will not work against their youth policy.Murillo has arrived on-loan from Valencia.Abidal said, “Our bet on the juniors is still the same, it does not change anything.”Now it’s time to compete and here the coach is happy to welcome him. I hope that in the future players continue to rise as they have done so far.”We are always attentive to what happens in the market.”
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man City eyeing Dinamo Zagreb youngster Antonio Marinby Paul Vegas16 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City are eyeing Dinamo Zagreb youngster Antonio Marin.The 18 year-old has made a first team breakthrough at Dinamo this season.And his emergence has caught the eye of City scouts.Marin is on a contract with Dinamo Zagreb to 2024.The 18-year-old has played four matches in the Croatian league this season.
Rice appreciates influence of West Ham teammate Wilshereby Paul Vegas10 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveDeclan Rice appreciates the influence of West Ham teammate Jack Wilshere.He admits he gets along well with the former Arsenal star.He said, “Me and Jack has been a surprise friendship. We get on so well, we’re like best friends really. I go round to his house and we go for coffee together.“He’s been hindered by injuries, if you look at his career, but his quality cannot be taken away from him. He’s a top player and even to be training with him is crazy because I grew up watching Jack Wilshere putting in performances on Match of the Day and against Lionel Messi in the Champions League in 2010, when he was only a kid. Sometimes I have to pinch myself.“Jack has been great for me as have the other senior lads in the side.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Clemson FansClemson didn’t win the national title on Monday night, but the Tigers still proved themselves worthy, pushing Alabama to the brink in a 45-40 loss. Clemson fans in attendance at the game, despite the loss, appear to have recognized that fact.According to a number of fans at the contest, Clemson supporters did the program’s “cadence count” as they left the stadium. Pretty cool.Doing the cadence count on the way out of the #NationalChampionship is what the #ClemsonFamily is all about. C u in Tampa next year! #ALLIN— Murphy Andrews (@murphy_and) January 12, 2016Clemson fans doing the cadence count walking out. Love that passion !— Clemson Tom (@ClemsonTom) January 12, 2016The cadence count from the crowd put me over. The tears are coming but I am so incredibly proud of this team. #ClemsonFamily #AllIn— Callie Hahn (@CallieHahndro) January 12, 2016This will be tough for Clemson fans to swallow, but there’s no doubt that the program is in good shape. Dabo Swinney will have the Tigers back in the title game sooner rather than later.
OTTAWA – The Liberals will delay billions in planned infrastructure funds until after Canadians go to the polls next year, this week’s budget shows, underlining slower-than-expected spending at a time when the government was under pressure to spend faster.The sluggish pace of federal infrastructure spending has been a persistent burr under the saddle of a government that rode to power on a promise to ramp up spending for roads, bridges, community centres, transit and water systems to stimulate the economy.Tuesday’s budget showed that more than $3.8 billion from Phase 1 of the plan — which was supposed to be spent by the end of the month — won’t be out the door until at least 2021. A further $3 billion from the upcoming phase of spending won’t be spent until at least 2025, with the majority of that taking place in 2028.And that might not be the end of it, since the budget warns of further adjustments.The Liberals said the new numbers reflect when they expect to receive expense claims from cities and provinces. The process often creates a lag between when work takes place and when federal money is spent, and that lag time can be extended by labour strife, bad weather or other issues beyond Ottawa’s control.A spokesman for Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi said the budget reflects that reality.“It is not a reflection of project activity, which is well underway on the majority of the more than 4,000 projects Minister Sohi has approved, and which the Bank of Canada has noted are contributing to the country’s economic growth,” Brook Simpson said.Conservative infrastructure critic Michael Chong said the shift in spending means continued traffic congestion in urban centres, bridges in rural Canada that won’t be repaired, and delays in renovating and building affordable housing units. He urged the Liberals to ease conditions for federal funding to help projects along.“There is no dearth of projects out there that need funding,” Chong said. “The government needs to get a better grasp of its infrastructure programs and make them more flexible to the needs of provinces and municipalities.”NDP infrastructure critic Brigitte Sansoucy said the first phase of spending has gone from “an urgent, two-year plan … into a disappointing four-year plan.”Big city mayors last month pressed the Liberals to speed up the pace of affordable housing money to help with the backlog of repairs on units, but didn’t see that happen. Brock Carlton, CEO of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, said the budget dropped the ball on the housing file.“There is a missed opportunity here to kick-start the social housing repair dollars so they’re later on in the cycle, and we needed them up early now,” Carleton said.“The problem is now. The crisis is now.”The budget did add $1.25 billion to a loan program to help finance construction of affordable rental units, adding to the $2.5 billion unveiled in budget 2016. The Liberals predict the new money will go further than the original injection: potentially 14,000 units over three years, versus the 10,000 units over five years predicted in budget 2016.The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation opened the first $625 million in loans under the program to bids last year. The head of the agency has said it was over-subscribed by a factor of five, but no funding announcements have yet been made public.The budget figures land a few weeks before the Liberals hope to sign funding agreements with provinces for $33 billion in upcoming infrastructure spending.Provinces want the Liberals to let them use the money for projects already on the books rather than do more as the federal government wishes, arguing they lack the fiscal capacity to match new federal spending.There are signs the Liberals may bend a bit in negotiations: Last month, Sohi said the federal government would cover a larger share of cost for Indigenous and small community projects, which could begin to create some fiscal wiggle room for provinces.The Liberals are aiming to sign the agreements by the end of the month — the same deadline provinces have to allocate unspent cash from a fund set up by the previous Conservative government. The budget shows that just over $1 billion from Conservative funds won’t be spent until after next year’s election, with a further $2.4 billion scheduled beyond 2023.— Follow @jpress on Twitter.
Air Canada and WestJet Airlines Ltd. are joining a growing wave of companies that have cut ties to SeaWorld, in sync with the spirit of a federal bill to ban whale and dolphin captivity and in the wake of concerns raised by animal rights advocates.The Senate passed legislation last Tuesday that would make captivity and breeding of cetaceans such as dolphins and whales a criminal offence.Air Canada says it stopped offering SeaWorld tickets for purchase on its website last week, calling the move a “commercial decision.” WestJet dropped the tickets — previously available as part of vacation packages — last August.SeaWorld, which has three marine theme parks in Florida, Texas and California under the umbrella of SeaWorld Entertainment Inc., confirmed Monday that “the business relationship has ended” with both airlines.Carriers and other companies such as JetBlue Airways Corp., Southwest Airlines Co. and Taco Bell have all jettisoned their relationship with SeaWorld, many amid the fallout from the 2013 documentary “Blackfish” that focused on orca captivity.People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) executive vice-president Tracy Reiman, who helped organize an email campaign urging Air Canada to sever ties, says that confining animals to “concrete cells” is “abusive.”Bill S-203, introduced by an independent Liberal senator with Green party support nearly three years ago, is poised to wind through the House of Commons over the next seven months.Companies mentioned in this story: (TSX:AC, TSX:WJA)
TORONTO, O.N. – Walmart Canada is buying more Tesla semi trucks as it aims to reduce its carbon footprint by having its entire fleet powered by alternative energy by 2028.The Canadian subsidiary of the U.S.-based retail giant says it will acquire 30 of the 18-wheeler semi-trucks on top of the 10 ordered last November.The additional rigs, which hold the promise of eventually being switched to autonomous operation, will help Walmart Canada meet its initial goal of electrifying 20 percent of its fleet by 2022. The first 20 Tesla Semis will be used out of Mississauga, Ontario.The remaining half will operate from Walmart’s distribution centre in Surrey, B.C., set to open 2022, which will be the company’s first fully electric fleet base in the world.Delivery dates for the vehicles over the next five years haven’t been finalized.“We are always looking for innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment and lead the industry in the drive for sustainable change,” stated John Bayliss, senior vice-president, logistics and supply chain.Walmart will have one of Canada’s largest Tesla Semi fleets. Other companies that pre-ordered the $232,000 electric trucks include Toronto trucking firm Fortigo Freight and Loblaw Companies Ltd.Tesla says the semi-trucks will offer a better experience for truck drivers, increase safety and significantly reduce the cost of cargo transport. The company says the vehicles, with a range of about 800 kilometres, will consume less than two kilowatt-hours of energy per mile at highway speed, earning 50 percent more per mile than a regular truck.Walmart says it will be able to convert from diesel quicker because the travel distance per charge is in line with its current fleet that consists mainly of single-day round trips.Vehicle cameras will help detect objects and minimize blind spots, while other safety features include automatic emergency braking, automatic lane keeping and lane departure warning.Walmart Canada operates 410 stores in Canada, serving more than 1.2 million customers per day.
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Wednesday busted a gang of online fraud racket who has cheated people from pan India, after getting debit or credit card credentials and OTP from the victims. The investigators suspect that the accused had a large amount of bank customer data which is being probed. Police identified the accused as Pankaj (29), Rishabh Saxena (19), Sujit (22), Rakesh Kumar (35).Police said that on March 26, a person named Rocky received a bogus call from an official of a fake credit card division in Noida. The caller told him last four digits of his credit card and offered 20,000 reward points worth Rs. 10,000 to be redeemed on the same day. He further informed that the offer would expire by 04:00 PM. Immediately after that the caller sent three OTP over the registered mobile number of the victim and requested to share the OTPs. “As soon as he shared the OTPs, total three fraud transactions amounting to Rs. 60,000 were done from the bank credit card,” said police. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderDeputy Commissioner of Police (North) Nupur Prasad said that during the course of the investigation, details from a bank where the account and credit card of the complainant exists were obtained. “After analyzing the data the transactions were linked and found that the accused transferred the money into a virtual wallet and later the amount was cashed at a petrol pump,” said DCP North. Police said that initially one of the accused Rakesh was arrested. At his disclosure and instance, the chain was established and Sujit was arrested, who along with Vikas used to make calls to various customers. Police further revealed that Sujit disclosed the data were being provided to him by Rishabh, Pankaj, and Pawan. Rishabh and Pankaj were later arrested in the case. Meanwhile, Pawan, who earlier worked with backend Team of private bank credit cards, along with Vikas is absconding. A joint team of Cyber Cell and local Police comprising SI Devendra Chahar, I/C Cyber Cell North District, SI Jitender Joshi and SI Rajbir of PS Subzi Mandi under the close supervision of Inspector Sanjay Bharadwaj, SHO Subzi Mandi nabbed the criminals.
While working as a pundit for Sky Sports, Gary Neville explained that he fears Tottenham won’t be able to keep Pochettino in the club. As Real Madrid keeps looking for their next manager now that Lopetegui is gone, English pundit Gary Neville is worried that Los Blancos will come after Pochettino and Tottenham won’t be able to stop them.The Spurs board of directors have effectively failed Mauricio Pochettino with the promises they made to the manager during the summer, they failed to sign any new top players and he has recently responded by calling out chairman Daniel Levy by saying that Tottenham doesn’t have the same ambition than the other top clubs in England.For Gary Neville, that was a major red flag that he completely understands and leaves the door open for his almost imminent exit, possibly to Real Madrid.“What I would say is a bit of a worry are Mauricio Pochettino’s comments,” he told Monday Night Football on Sky Sports.“I said before the game it’s the first bricks in the foundations of potentially wanting to leave and during the game tonight the Real Madrid coach has been sacked.”“If you are Real Madrid and you are thinking ‘Where can I get a manager, where’s the next manager?’ He speaks Spanish and has been a coach in La Liga. That is an appealing job for anybody in world football.”“He knew the ground rules before he came in. He knew he wasn’t going to get £500-£600m when he went to Tottenham.”“He took the job knowing Daniel Levy, the board at the Tottenham, the restrictions, so my view is that now he probably wants that next level of job because he deserves it as he is a brilliant coach.”“That next level is available at arguably the greatest club in the world of football in Real Madrid.”Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“That’s where the manager might be thinking ‘is this now the time for me to step out?’ I think Tottenham, if Real Madrid want him, will have a real problem in the next few days.”“I don’t think they do, we are just putting two and two together, but we spoke about the timing of his comments, and is the timing because a job has become available?”“Pochettino has always peddled the party line well. We know what Tottenham are like in terms of being quite conservative and pragmatic with spending and they do what they can, but he has always managed things well and pushed away questions about why you can’t spend like other clubs do.”“Mauricio Pochettino is a brilliant coach but at some point he was always going to want to manage one of the super clubs in Europe. There are a couple at the moment that you can imagine will be changing manager in the next 12 months and looking at him, and he will know they are looking at him.”“It feels to me that he has laid the first foundations of a move away from the club and started to prepare the ground,” he concluded.Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher have a heated debate about TottenhamWho’s side are you on?! ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/IHsirNGD7i— Football Daily (@footballdaily) October 30, 2018
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar has lauded former team-mate Timothy Weah’s decision to join Celtic on loan.Weah, who is the son of former Liberia International made five appearances for Paris Saint Germain before seeking for more playing time at Celtic.“It is a very exciting move for him, from what I have seen of his talent he has everything to go and be one of the top attacking players in Europe,” Neymar said to the Daily Record via Daily Mail.Opinion: Neymar needs to apologize to PSG’s supporters Tomás Pavel Ibarra Meda – September 14, 2019 After such a dramatic summer during the transfer window, Neymar truly needs to apologize to all the PSG supporters this weekend.When Neymar finished last…“It is a good move for him, a good move for Celtic as they are getting such a big talent, and also a good move for PSG because he has a chance to get experience and games and come back to us a more complete player.”“He did have options – but he chose the right one. Celtic are a big club, in their league they attack a lot and score a lot of goals, and also they are still in Europe – so they offer him much.”