Coronavirus: 53 new cases confirmed – 19 of them in Laois

first_img Electric Picnic Coronavirus: 53 new cases confirmed – 19 of them in Laois Home News Community Coronavirus: 53 new cases confirmed – 19 of them in Laois NewsCommunity Facebook Twitter Twitter Dr Ronan Glynn, Acting Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said; “The source of transmission for over 90% of cases reported today has been identified.“This is a positive development in light of the number of cases reported over the past few days.“However, our five day average for cases reported is now 47. We all need to continue to adopt a prevention mindset and continue making good choices to protect ourselves and others while trying to live safely with COVID-19.“People are still susceptible, this virus has not changed. We know how to break the chains of transmission.“Let’s stay the course by physically distancing, washing hands regularly, wearing a face covering where appropriate, avoiding crowds and doing all we can to protect each other.” News Electric Picnic organisers release statement following confirmation of new festival date WhatsApp Electric Picnic Nineteen of the 53 confirmed cases of Coronavirus today are in Laois, according to figures from the Department of Health.It is understood a number of these are in a Direct Provision centre – and it brings the new cases in the county to 37 in the last 12 days, behind only Dublin in terms of overall new cases in that time period.The 53 cases recorded today are the highest number of cases recorded on a Sunday since May 31.There have been no new deaths today.Of the new cases in Ireland today, 80% are under 45 years of age while 45 are associated with outbreaks or close contacts of a confirmed case. Four cases have been identified as community transmissioncenter_img Previous articleSlieve Bloom off to winning start as they beat newcomers Colt-ShanahoeNext articleMoment in Time: St Aengus host last awards night before the school is demolished Jenny Miller Pinterest Pinterest Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR TAGSCoronavirus Laois Councillor ‘amazed’ at Electric Picnic decision to apply for later date for 2021 festival WhatsApp By Jenny Miller – 2nd August 2020 Bizarre situation as Ben Brennan breaks up Fianna Fáil-Fine Gael arrangement to take Graiguecullen-Portarlington vice-chair role last_img read more

Cultural center linked to El-Gamal fights against 45 Park foreclosure

first_imgShare via Shortlink Mollen, however, argued that the previous case was completely unrelated to his receivership, and said the complex task of ensuring the unfinished tower doesn’t lose its value while the foreclosure case drags on requires an experienced overseer.“As noted, this is not your ordinary foreclosure and receivership,” Mollen, who declined to comment for this article, wrote in a letter to the judge. “New York City land use expertise is likely to be required.”The attempt to remove one of real estate’s top litigators as receiver is just one prong in the cultural center’s attempt to get out from under the condo tower’s thumb. The cultural center, which is run by CEO Masood Qureshi, argues that it should not be entangled in the case between El-Gamal and his lender in the first place. The center wants to undo the order appointing a receiver or — short of that — replace Mollen.The lending consortium led by Malaysian bank Malayan Banking Berhad named the cultural center as a defendant in the foreclosure case it filed in March, in part due to the zoning-lot agreement the center and the condo development signed in 2016 that allowed the tower to use air rights from the property next door.El-Gamal, president of the cultural center site at the time of the 2016 agreement, claims he stepped down some time after October of last year. His lender has accused him of threatening to invalidate the agreement, thus depriving the condo tower of those air rights.Contact Rich Bockmann at [email protected] or 908-415-5229. Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink Scott Mollen and 45 Park Place (45 Park Place; Herrick)When a lender moved to foreclose on Sharif El-Gamal’s Tribeca condo tower, it tapped one of the top defenders of besieged condo projects to oversee the development while the two parties were in court.But now, the owners of the Islamic cultural center planned for the site next to Soho Properties’ 45 Park Place want Scott Mollen booted as receiver — the latest procedural parry in the contest over the site.Mollen, an attorney with Herrick Feinstein, has argued on behalf of projects like the Pierhouse in Brooklyn Heights, which preservationists said blocked views of the Brooklyn Bridge. And he’s currently defending 200 Amsterdam Avenue on the Upper West Side, where the court has effectively ordered the developers to deconstruct several of the tower’s upper floors.Attorneys for the proposed Islamic Museum of New York claim that Mollen “is not ‘completely impartial’ and his appointment as temporary receiver” does not meet the state’s guidelines for the appointment of neutral receivers, according to a motion filed Friday.ADVERTISEMENTAttorney David Scharf of Morrison Cohen argued that Mollen should be disqualified because he represented the former owner of the site nearly a decade ago in a rent dispute with an affiliate of the cultural center.Read moreSharif El-Gamal threatening to deconstruct condo tower, lender claimsEl-Gamal scores $219M in financing for 45 Park Placehttps://therealdeal.com/2017/02/08/first-look-sharif-el-gamals-45-park-place/ Tags45 park placeReal Estate Lawsuitssharif el gamallast_img read more