Four Draft Picks Have Yet To Sign Their Rookie Contracts – Here’s Who

first_imgSam Darnold #14 of the USC Trojans scrambles out of the pocket during the second quarter against the UCLA Bruins.LOS ANGELES, CA – NOVEMBER 18: Sam Darnold #14 of the USC Trojans scrambles out of the pocket during the second quarter against the UCLA Bruins at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on November 18, 2017 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)The 2018 NFL Draft concluded three months ago. However, four picks from that draft have yet to sign their rookie contracts.The No. 1 overall pick, quarterback Baker Mayfield, signed his contract on Tuesday night. He was quickly followed up by Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen, who signed Wednesday morning.That left four players from the 2018 draft who have not signed.Here are the four, via Field Yates:Sam Darnold, QB – New York JetsDenzel Ward, CB – Cleveland BrownsRoquan Smith, LB – Chicago BearsDante Pettis, WR – San Francisco 49ersAll four are likely to sign this week. Rookies from around the country are entering their rookie training camps this week, while the veterans will report soon after.Dante Pettis reportedly attended 49ers camp today and will likely sign in the near future. A rookie holdout is unlikely, but they have happened in the past.Two years ago, former Ohio State star and current Los Angeles Charger Joey Bosa held out until August. We’ll have to wait and see if any of the 2018 picks enter a holdout. UPDATE: The Browns have now signed Denzel Ward.Browns GM John Dorsey announces team has agreed to terms with DB Denzel Ward. 2018 class all sewed up.— Andrew Gribble (@Andrew_Gribble) July 25, 2018That leaves three players from the 2018 draft unsigned.last_img read more

Private donors revive F1 race in Mexico after government cut funds

first_img Reuters Mexico CityAugust 7, 2019UPDATED: August 7, 2019 22:50 IST Lewis Hamilton clinched his fifth F1 world championship title in Mexico last year (Reuters Photo)Formula One drivers will rev up their race cars again for the annual Mexican Grand Prix, Mexico City’s mayor said on Wednesday, after a cut in government funding put the future of the widely attended race in question.Mexico had signed a five-year contract for annual Grand Prix races in 2014. But after President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador took office in December, he said the deal would not be renewed because public funds were needed for other tourism booster projects such as building the “Mayan Train” on the Yucatan Peninsula.Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said a group of business people would help cover the costs, which local authorities have said are about $45 million a year.”I want to give you all the good news. … Formula One is staying in Mexico,” Sheinbaum said in a video posted on Twitter, adding that the head of the governing body FIA would sign a new contract on Thursday.”The city isn’t investing a single public resource,” Sheinbaum said. “It’s good news for the city, it brings tourism, it brings income.”Formula One has held the Mexican Grand Prix every year since 2015, drawing a total of 1 million people. The competition previously ran in Mexico between 1963 to 1970, and again from 1986 to 1992.For sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byrohan sen Tags :Follow F1Follow Mexican Grand Prix Next Private donors revive F1 race in Mexico after government cut fundsFormula One has held the Mexican Grand Prix every year since 2015, drawing a total of 1 million people.advertisementlast_img read more